Tuesday 20 May 2014

let me take you down the corridors of my life

So, here it goes. Welcome to my world.

I'm thirty years old, and I live in England. By day I'm a lawyer, drafting technical contracts and engaging in dispute resolution. In the evenings I love to read books by women authors, come up with interior design ideas, curl up with my two bad kittens, or try out new baking recipes.

Buying my house last year was the best decision I have ever made. It's so satisfying to own my little piece of the world. Nothing grand or elaborate, but it's about 150 years old and solidly built with many handsome features. I'm slowly turning it into my ideal home, room by room,  accessory by thrifted accessory.

I love spending time in the garden - choosing plants, tending to them, watching them grow and open out and come into flower. The outdoor space I have is pretty modest but full of potential, and I'm so excited to make the most of it.

I'm also passionate about outdoor swimming - finding the most beautiful rivers, lakes, waterfalls and beaches and swimming under the sky. Nothing relaxes me like stretching out in natural water. 

Faith is important to me - I joined the LDS church in my late twenties, and I really value the time I spend learning more about the church and scriptures.

More things about me - I'm a feminist, a music enthusiast, an antique collector, and I was voted "most likely to stand up for someone's rights" in my high school yearbook. Someday, I want to be a foster parent. I am determined to go on more foreign holidays. I want to make more really good friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment